Summer is in full swing! Take a break from the sun to read some in-depth mindfulness news including easy daily exercises and the history of meditation and Buddhism.
- This is a very thought provoking article on the western demographics of Buddhist practitioners vs. the traditional eastern demographics. It discusses the idea of cultural appropriation through the popularity of mindfulness.
- Learn how a relationship therapist uses mindfulness to calm down her clients and get them to a place of understanding and not conflict.
- A quick but insightful interview with Pandit Dasa, The Urban Monk, about using mindfulness in everyday life.
- Three great ways to get started on mindfulness!
- Another benefit of mindfulness can be avoiding con artists by helping you be attuned to your emotional experiences.
- Interesting post on how it may be more beneficial to practice mindfulness from a position of self strength and not from a position of fixing a problem.
- The University of British Columbia researchers have found that a one-month long online based mindfulness program worked to raise workers’ satisfaction, performance and ability to handle stress.
Don’ forget to follow us on all the social sites, including Spotify!