Welcome to this week’s Mindfulness Weekly Review! Enjoy!
- A research team from Aberdeen University in Scotland is starting a trial to test if mindfulness can help diabetes patients by lowering blood glucose levels.
- The SF Chronicle did a review of a few meditation apps.
- The Guardian has been gathering reader experiences with mindfulness and wrote up a comprehensive article that had mixed experiences with the practice.
- Read more about how meditation and mindfulness are being brought into the office to improve productivity.
- Doctors need to learn how to destress in order to give their patients the best care. Check out this blog post at AAFP for more info on physicians using mindfulness to help them deal with burnout.
- This is a pretty cool exercise on how to write mindfully.
- Working on your sports game? Check this article to learn how to incorporate mindfulness into your sports life and training.
- If you’re just getting started on mindfulness, check out this breakdown of what mindfulness is and a few apps to get you started.
- The Atlantic investigates if mindfulness works in schools.
- The Journal of the American Medical Association breaks down the effectiveness of mindfulness as pain relief.
- Noisey, the music part of Vice, had a week-long focus on mental health and the music industry.