I recently returned from a gathering of about 150 exceptional practitioners, teachers, and influencers in mind/body health and performance. These are not just people thinking, talking, and studying mind/body health: they are on the front lines.
There were more than a few former finance professionals, burned out on that system and now channeling their enthusiasm into building personal brands and practices. They are scaling their businesses, researching their next ventures, reflecting on successes from the past – and they want their work to align with their personal values.
They aim to co-evolve with their businesses. They continually check themselves to assess where their motivations are coming from. E.g., ‘networking’ vs. ‘connecting’. They balance the passionate fire of pursuit with the flexible openness of flow.
Revitalize is not only an opportunity to further intellectual connections in the mind/body space but a place to grow emotionally and spiritually while allowing your work to go places you didn’t expect.
Some highlights I enjoyed, on-stage and off:
- The best poem I’d heard in a long time.
- The most hardcore athletes are really about 3 things: eat (veggies), move, breathe.
- Finally: radical honesty in a place it’s much needed: modeling.
- The master ‘pick-up artist’ finds a strong, wonderful woman – and chooses love.
- At least one man I grew up watching play basketball is a true lover of people and life.
- The future may bring boutiques where you swallow pills containing the feces of people with healthy guts. Yup.
- Quality and authenticity reign with yoga mats that have stood the test of time.
- The next generation of meditation teachers has arrived! (And their stories are fun to hear!)
- Balinese architects amaze again: building the world’s largest bamboo house with just a small model and some cigarettes and experience.
- What turns a man on most in bed is surprising: pleasing their partner!
I met a wonderful woman named Jennifer. We recorded a special Spire Boost just for the Revitalize community. It will make you take a deep breath. Then laugh out loud.
Email email@example.com to get access to the limited edition ‘Revitalize 2015’ Spire Boost.