Improved bluetooth stability
- We’ve fixed a number of rare conditions under which Spire would not properly reconnect to your phone. The totality of these fixes translates into one thing: much more reliable and complete data from your Spire device.
Streak adjustment and feedback
- Edit streaks on the timeline/home view.
- Tap a streak card then tap “Report streak” on the back to correct inaccurate streaks. The boo-boo will be reported to Spire HQ.
- Any comments you add to the report will be used to make our algorithms leaner, meaner, and most important, more accurate.
Charging status light changes
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Spire from reaching a full charge when on the charger all night.
- Fixed an issue where the stone would sometimes vibrate randomly while on the charger.
- Stone stays cooler while charging.
- The stone’s charging LED now continuously indicates charge status when the stone is on the charger. A pulsing, breathing LED pattern indicates it is charging. A solid LED indicates your Spire is fully charged.
- The stone’s LED intensity has been reduced to avoid lighting up dark rooms.
Additional application features
- Spire now collects rough location information throughout the user’s day so we can deliver better insights. This can be disabled in settings.
- Added more diagnostics information on the phone. This can be uploaded to Spire HQ via the “Upload Logs” option in Debug Settings.
- Added informational screens before requesting opt-in for HealthKit and Location Services access.
- Made the network link more robust when communicating with Spire HQ.
- Spire no longer supports call notification — it was not working reliably. We’ll bring it back soon.
- Steps are now tracked in HealthKit.
- Last but certainly not least, your breathwave is now shown by default on the Home screen.
Photo: James Wheeler